AGM 2017: Instant Summary
The dinner was in the beautiful setting of the Octagon Terrace at the Midland Hotel. The ARC News AGM Special will be published as soon as possible – until then here is a quick summary of the results of the debates.
The text of the motions is available here: AGM-Agenda-2017
- Motions 1 – 3 were passed
- Motion 4 was remitted because there was nothing for AGM to receive – verbally we heard that the papers were being sorted and the outstanding information had been identified.
- Motions 5 – 11 were passed
- Motion 12 was lost
- Motions 13 – 42 were passed
- Motion 43 was the liveliest debate – remission was proposed and lost then the motion was passed
- Motions 44 – 58 were passed
- Motion 59 fell as no one proposed it
- Motions 60 – 65 were passed
- Motion 66 fell as no one proposed it
- Motions 67 – 81 were passed
- Motion 82 fell as no one proposed it
- Motions 83 – 86 were passed