ARC is committed to safeguarding the privacy of members data and that of any visitors to ARC or the FDA’s websites or social media sites. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
The policy reflects our duties under the General Data Protection Regulation and the UK’s Data Protection Act 2018 to let you know what we do with your data, how we keep it secure, make sure it is accurate, keep it up to date and how long we will retain it for.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have the following rights
- You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- You have the right to access your personal data and any supplementary information.
- You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
- You have the right to have personal data erased
- You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data.
- You have the right to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way without hindrance to portability
- You have rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. The FDA/ARC does not use automated processes and will make sure that rights are protected if we introduce any automated decision making.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority which in the UK is the Information Commissioners Officer www.ico.org.uk
RIGHT TO OBJECT
You have the right to object to how we process your personal data. You can do so online by clicking here or by contacting the Data Protection Officer at [email protected]
You will find out more about making Subject Access Requests later in this policy. To find out how to exercise any other rights or for more information please contact the Data Protection Officer at [email protected]
This policy may change from time to time so please check in again so that we can keep you informed of our privacy actions.