Notice of Committee by-elections
The affairs of ARC are managed by the ARC Committee consisting of 25 members: nine officers and sixteen ordinary members.
In March 2016 the following were duly elected, unopposed, to ARC Committee to hold office for the period 2016–2018.
- Amy Carr
- Andy Nixon
- Blair Gardner
- Fahad Akhtar
- Frances Hunter
- Jim Rogers
- Kenneth Mitchell
- Michelle Wyer
- Spencer Munn
- Tony Wallace
There are currently six vacancies.
As there are fewer Committee members than posts, a by-election for additional Committee members is being held, with successful members taking office immediately and serving for the remainder of the period 2016-18.
In line with 14.3.1 of ARC Rules, ARC Committee hereby calls for nominees wishing to stand for Committee membership. Any member of ARC is eligible to stand for this post. Nominations should be sent to the ARC Secretary, Zohra Francis, at 8 Leake Street, London , SE1 7NN, or by email to [email protected]), to arrive no later than noon on Thursday 30 June 2016.
Nominations must be signed by two ARC members. They must also be accompanied by a written agreement by the candidate to serve if elected. If there are more nominees than vacancies, the nominees will need to confirm their willingness to stand. At that stage, if there are still more candidates than seats available, in accordance with the Rules, there will be an election by way of a ballot of all ARC members. Candidates will be notified of the same and at the same time will be notified of the need to submit, to the ARC Secretary, a personal address of not more than 400 words. This will be circulated with the ballot papers in the event of an election. The election will be open to the entire membership of ARC.
All members are encouraged to consider standing for one of these post. All Committee members are entitled to facilities time to enable them to carry out their duties.
The period of office will commence immediately after selection and end at the close of business of the Annual General Meeting in 2018.
Nominations must be returned to Zohra Francis, ARC Secretary, 8 Leake Street London, SE1 7NN to arrive by midday on Thursday 30 June 2016.
ARC Committee – Detailed Provisions
The principal duties of the Committee shall be:
- to watch over and consider all legislation, proposed legislation, and departmental administration affecting the interests and duties of members of ARC;
- to draw to the attention of members any matter of importance to the Service;
- to take any action for the redress of grievances that may be lawfully decided upon in accordance with the law from time to time governing the taking of such action by Trades Unions
- to bring to the notice of the Department matters of importance affecting the Service;
- to attend by deputation for the purposes of offering suggestions or giving information to the Department;
- to communicate information to members in accordance with these rules;
- to take the necessary steps in connection with the appointment of the Trustees of the Benevolent Fund and to recommend to the Trustees cases for relief; and
- to promote in every other way possible social intercourse among members of the Department.